Cessation of business name
This service allows a user to cease a business name where it ceases to carry on business or where the proprietor wishes to upgrade to a company.
- Log onto cipa.co.bw and select the business name from the dashboard.
- Click on FILE FOR THIS BUSINESS NAME.
- Click REQUEST CESSATION OF BUSINESS NAME.
- Provide the applicants name.
- Select the applicant type from the drop-down menu.
- Provide the cease date.
- Provide a reason for requesting the cessation.
- Upload an affidavit/letter of cessation signed by all proprietors requesting the cessation.
- Tick the declaration to confirm that you are authorised to submit this application.
- Make a payment using your debit/credit card or deposit account.
The request for cessation of the business name will be reviewed by CIPA and a response issued within 24 hours. Once approved, the Business Name will have the status “Cancelled.” Should you wish to register as a company, please do so within three months.