This service allows a user to submit an application to restore a company to the register, where the company was removed from the register. This service is applicable for:
- A company was removed for failure to file an annual return. You will be required to complete, scan and upload the annual return form (found under Quick Links/Forms and Downloads) and any other supporting documents as well pay a restoration fee and the outstanding annual return fee.
- A company was voluntarily removed from the register. You will be required to upload supporting documents (court order/letter/resolution) as well as pay the restoration fee.
- A company that failed to re-register before the deadline of 2nd December 2020
Who Can Submit an Application to restore a Company to the Register?
A director, shareholder/member, liquidator/receiver or Creditor. One does not need to have Authority over the company on the OBRS to request a restoration.
Steps to restore a company to the register:
- Log in
- Search for the company and click through to view the company details. The Company will have the word Removed next to the name as well as on the certificate.
- Click on FILINGS AND MAINTENANCE.
- Click on REQUEST TO RESTORE A COMPANY TO THE REGISTER.
- Complete the information details of the person requesting the restoration and click CONTINUE.
- Provide the reason for requesting the restoration.
- Upload a completed Annual Return Form/Application to re-register and any other supporting documents and click CONTINUE.
- Make a payment with your credit/debit card or deposit account. The submission will be sent to CIPA for review and if approved, the Company will be restored to the Register after a mandatory 20 days publication period.
Please note that as you proceed with the service you will be adviced if your company name is still available. If it is no longer available, you will be requested to change the name. Changing the name will not create a new entity, and you will retain your Unique Identification number (company number)